This week on Deepak Chopra's website is a post on "One Need Nobody Can Afford to Ignore" which is the need for self-care. "A new model of self-care would include the following:
- Making happiness a high priority.
- Making sure your life has purpose and meaning.
- Living according to a higher vision.
- Expanding your awareness in every decade of life.
- Devoting time and attention to personal growth.
- Paying attention to the fate of the planet.
- Following at least the minimal regimen of good diet and physical activity.
- Allowing the brain to reset by introducing down time several times a day.
- Getting to know your inner world through meditation, contemplation, and self-reflection.
- Practicing gratitude and appreciation.
- Learning how to love and be loved."
Another resource presenting itself to me today is the book "How to Sit" by Thich Nhat Hanh which "... introduces beginners to and reminds seasoned practitioners of the essentials of mindfulness practice."
Still not convinced to start meditating, contemplate these words from Dalai Lama: "If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation."
Don't know about you....I'm going to make sure to make time today to meditate:)